, , , , , , , ,

Daily Skincare Routine

7:00 AM

 The first step in switching to a more natural, green beauty regimen really started with simplifying my daily routine. It is easy to get bogged down with all the beauty articles saying you need to cleanse, scrub, double cleanse, tone, moisturize, oil… and that’s just at night.

The best routine I found works for me* is simple yet effective for my dry, sensitive skin. While I am still experimenting with different green products, here are my current favorites:

 photo BeFunky_DailySkincareRoutinejpg_zps4d49be35.jpg

Day

Cleanse \\ Water only. I shower every morning and give my face an extra rub as I let water run over it. This also helps me wake up, as I am far from a morning person.

Moisturize \\ Immediately after exiting the shower I use Botanics Hydrating Eye Cream around my hyper-sensitive eyes and rub Andalou Naturals Daily Defense Facial Lotion with SPF 18 all over my face and neck.

Exfoliate \\ This is a rare occurrence due to avoiding as many irritants as possible, but when I do need an extra scrub I lean towards my off-brand Apricot Scrub. I know this totally isn’t even close to natural, but like I said it is rarely used.


Night

Makeup Remover \\ My daily makeup only consists of concealer/powder, blush and mascara -- but sometimes I still need extra help to make sure I go to sleep with a clean face. For the past year I have been using Coconut Oil on a dry face, mainly to remove eye makeup. It works like a charm and provides a little extra moisture.

Cleanse \\ This past Christmas I received a Goodebox subscription from my best friend and fell in love with the box full of Raw.Skin.Ceuticals skincare products. After emptying all my samples, I immediately purchased the Acne Cleanse that comes out green and slimy, but smells wonderful (thanks to all the natural ingredients including aloe, green tea and ginger root) and leaves my skin refreshed.

Moisturize \\ Another round of Botanics Hydrating Eye Cream followed by Raw.Skin.Ceuticals’ Acne + Rosacea Creme. This was also part of my Goodebox, but I did not purchase until this past month when my other night cream ran out. So far the creme has proved to absorb well and leave my face smooth every morning despite the ever-changing Midwest climate. Also note the scent is very similar to their Acne Cleanse and doesn’t fade over time. This may be a negative for some, but I find the natural fragrance soothing.

Oil \\ Before I purchased Raw.Skin.Ceuticals’ Acne + Rosacea Creme, I was doubling up night cream and face oil to help heal my thirsty skin (cream first + pat oil on top to seal moisture). My new creme is working well on its own, but I still occasionally use Seven Generation Soothing Boosts Skin Serum - Soothing in its place.


How have you simplified your daily skincare routine? What natural products have you recently introduced to your beauty cabinet? Always looking for new natural products and skincare tips!




*Remember all bodies are different. What works for me, may not work or produce different results for someone else.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search Naturally, Cay

Archive